Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Threat to Democracy

I generally don’t like to put politics directly on social media. So I’m posting this on my blog. 

There is a real threat to our democracy. I will say it directly! Electing Donald Trump as President in 2024 could very quickly end this democracy. And I believe that it’s still worth saving. People before us and among us have fought and died for it. 

 

Some points:

  • Trump is not a good businessman. Arrogance and narcissism are NOT the characteristics of a good leader. Vulnerability and an understanding of human beings? That’s what makes a true leader. He has stepped on people to achieve wealth and has bragged about it. 
  • Trump does not believe in the rule of law. And without that, we become a third-world country, period!
  • He fueled an insurrection against the United States. He violated his oath of office. According to the 14th Amendment, he should be disqualified from office. 
  • Trump’s words clearly show he is racist. His rhetoric is Hitler-like. He doesn’t believe we are at all equal, and he believes himself to be smarter, better, and more insightful than anyone. In a word, that’s just dangerous!
  • There is so much more about him that is too numerous to list here. 

Many of his supporters have no real understanding of how dangerous he is to our freedoms and our place in the world. 

 

Moreover, the fact that so many support him is very bewildering to me! I am scared for future generations. I say this as a moderate Democrat who is not at all happy with the Democratic Party. And I have voted Republican in general elections. 

 

So disagree with me if you want. Unfriend me if you like. But I implore you think of what hangs in the balance if this man gets elected.

No comments:

Post a Comment